1 of 19
A baby picture of Martha during her first year.
2 of 19
Little and Big Marthas:
Little Martha and her mother, Martha Kostyra, posing in a garden.
3 of 19
Little and Big Marthas:
With her mother again, this time all grown up.
4 of 19
Martha, age 4:
Martha at age four in Nutley, New Jersey, dressed in a flowered skirt and shirtwaist, with her hair done in braids.
5 of 19
Martha's first formal dance took place during the Christmas season of her junior year in high school. The pink velvet top and damask skirt were made by Martha's mother.
6 of 19
In the early 1960s Martha was a photographer's model. This photo was taken for Mademoiselle by George Barkentin.
7 of 19
Another shot from Martha's modeling career.
8 of 19
The hardworking Wall Street stock trader.
9 of 19
The original cover from "Entertaining," Martha's first book, published in 1982.
10 of 19
Martha on her 1991 author tour for "Gardening."
11 of 19
Martha trekking in the Himalayas. She went with four friends on an extended hike at high altitudes in northern Sikkim. The mountains behind include Mt. Everest.
12 of 19
Martha as she enters the courthouse during her trial.
13 of 19
Martha leaving Alderson, West Virginia, wearing the poncho made for her by fellow inmate Xiomara Hernandez.
14 of 19
The New "Martha Stewart Show":
Martha welcomes the first guest on her new television show, Marcia Cross of "Desperate Housewives." Marcia sheds some light on the rumor that her character, Bree Van De Kamp, is based on Martha.
15 of 19
The Great Pumpkin:
Martha shows Bette Midler there's nothing to be afraid of when carving spooky pumpkins.
16 of 19
Make Room for Baby:
New mom Jennifer Garner learns how to make homemade yogurt with Martha.
17 of 19
Martha on a recent trip to the Greek Isles.
18 of 19
While in Greece, she traveled with friend Carlos Picon, the curator overseeing Greek and Roman art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
19 of 19
At Martha's Table:
A Martha Stewart Living Radio taping of "At Martha's Table" with chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
You Just Viewed
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Decorate with Brass
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- A Blueprint for Color
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- The Barest Simmer