1 of 5
Fashion from the Inside Out
On "Design Trends," Gael Towey recently interviewed fashion designer Isabel Toledo about a new exhibit in her honor: "Isabel Toledo: Fashion From the Inside Out." The exhibit is being featured at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. In this photo, a model is wearing a poncho skirt from Isabel's 1991 collection. Photo credit: Ruven Afanador
2 of 5
The Famed Dress
Isabel designed first lady Michelle Obama's inauguration outfit this year. Photo credit: Irving Solero.
3 of 5
Here's an up-close look at the lemongrass-yellow coat and dress. Photo credit: Irving Solero.
4 of 5
The apron dress from Isabel's spring/summer 1997 collection. The dress is made of purple, azure blue, and ombre silk chiffon. Photo credit: William Palmer.
5 of 5
The origami coat from Isabel's fall/winter 2007 collection. The material is pink double-faced cashmere. Photo credit: William Palmer.
You Just Viewed
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Roast Chicken 101
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- Bedroom Organizers
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Embroidery Projects
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals