1 of 10
Marinated Tuna Steaks
Here are delectable ideas for making the most of basic ingredients you're likely to have on hand.
1. Toss chicken cutlets with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, and parsley (reserve some for topping). Broil; serve with steamed new potatoes and topping.
2. Marinate tuna steaks in apple juice, ginger, sesame oil, and wasabi; broil or grill.
3. Saute sausages with olive oil, kale, and sundried tomatoes; toss with white beans.
4. Dip tilapia fillets in mayo and lemon juice, then in a combo of breadcrumbs and Parmesan; bake. Serve with a green salad.
5. Simmer homemade or jarred spicy tomato sauce; add eggs, cover, and poach. Serve with tortilla chips and diced avocado.
2 of 10
Ham and Broccoli Pasta
6. Marinate flank steak in vinaigrette; broil with cut-up potatoes and asparagus.
7. Saute ham, onions, and broccoli; toss with pasta.
8. Top pizza dough with sliced eggplant, and brush with oil. Top with goat cheese and olives; bake.
9. Heat canned black beans with chili powder and lime juice; serve in taco shells with romaine, goat cheese, and sliced radishes.
10. Combine orange marmalade, teriyaki sauce, and five-spice powder. Brush half on pork tenderloin; save half for serving. Roast pork with acorn squash wedges.
3 of 10
Asian Dumpling Soup
11. Rub boneless, skinless chicken breasts with cumin, coriander, oregano, salt, and oil. Broil; top with tomato salsa, diced avocado, and corn.
12. Slice a tube of polenta; top with sauteed mushrooms, tomato sauce, and ricotta salata. Bake.
13. Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Roast; serve on a bed of couscous and pine nuts.
14. Toss cooked cheese tortellini with arugula, olive oil, Parmesan, and toasted almonds.
15. Simmer frozen Asian dumplings in chicken broth. Add watercress, shredded carrots, and scallions. Drizzle with a little toasted sesame oil and rice vinegar.
4 of 10
Jerk Chicken Breasts
16. Wrap prosciutto slices around boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Saute, and serve with fig preserves.
17. Stuff ground beef patties with shredded pepper Jack cheese; broil. Serve with salsa.
18. Rub boneless, skinless chicken breasts with jerk seasoning and oil; broil. Serve topped with diced mango, bell pepper, honey, and lime juice.
19. Brush salmon steaks with maple syrup and lime juice. Roast, and serve with a salad of spinach and toasted pecans.
20. Saute chicken thighs; add red-wine vinegar, cherries, and sugar to pan. Simmer until syrupy, swirl in butter; serve.
5 of 10
21. Stir-fry shrimp, snap peas, garlic, red-pepper flakes, ginger, soy, and rice vinegar; serve over noodles.
22. Mix shredded rotisserie chicken with mayo, celery, grapes, and scallions; spoon onto sliced baguette.
23. Toss chicken pieces with olive oil and poultry seasoning. Roast with chunks of zucchini and red onion.
24. Saute sliced napa cabbage with ginger and garlic. Top with salmon fillets; brush with hoisin sauce. Cover and steam.
25. Rub chicken tenders with chili powder and oil; saute with onions and corn.
6 of 10
26. Saute sliced chorizo with chopped onions and sliced carrots and potatoes. Add broth and chunks of cod or other white fish. Cover; cook until fish is flaky.
27. Season chicken cutlets with oregano and olive oil; broil. Mix Greek yogurt, mint, cucumber, and scallions. Wrap sliced chicken in flatbread; top with sauce.
28. Toss cooked shrimp with mayo, minced shallots, salt, pepper, and lemon juice; serve on a buttered toasted roll with cole slaw.
29. Top pizza dough with ricotta and canned caponata. Fold in half; bake.
30. Saute chopped onions and carrots until caramelized. Add chicken broth, diced cooked beef, and Parmesan; toss with pasta.
Swipe here for next slide
7 of 10
Broiled Lamb Chops
31. Dip shrimp in a thick creamy-smooth mix of water and flour; season and fry.
32. Toss romaine with Gorgonzola, pecans, dried cherries, and pear wedges.
33. Dip minute steaks in buttermilk, and coat in breadcrumbs; pan-fry.
34. Rub lamb chops with garam masala and a pinch of sugar. Broil; serve with couscous and mint.
35. Season steaks; broil. Serve topped with a mix of softened butter, minced scallions, and grainy mustard.
8 of 10
36. Roast chicken pieces with shallots, garlic cloves, fennel, sage, and olive oil.
37. Toss shredded romaine with feta, pita chips, tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, olives, dill, and vinaigrette.
38. Boil pomegranate juice until syrupy. Brush half on pork tenderloin; roast. Serve pork sliced, with rest of juice, on buns.
39. Saute scallops and minced garlic in olive oil. Toss with pasta, basil, and chopped tomatoes.
40. Toss asparagus and shiitakes with olive oil. Roast until tender. Top with fried eggs and Parmesan.
9 of 10
Ham and Apple Melts
41. Saute garlic, bell pepper strips, and sliced zucchini in olive oil until tender. Toss with pasta and bocconcini.
42. Marinate cut-up chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, red-pepper flakes, and mustard; bake.
43. Top flour tortillas with ham, cheddar, and thinly sliced apples. Bake until cheese melts.
44. Bake boneless pork chops stuffed with chopped pancetta and prunes, breadcrumbs, and parsley.
45. Simmer chunks of chicken in broth with chickpeas, tomatoes, and garlic. Add sliced escarole and tiny pasta; simmer.
10 of 10
Grilled Pork Chops
46. Roll thin chicken cutlets around sliced ham and fontina; saute. Add crushed tomatoes; cook until tender.
47. Brush boneless, skinless chicken with honey mustard and hot sauce. Press in crushed corn flakes; bake.
48. Toss sliced portobellos with oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast with corn and sliced red onion. Bake atop split pitas with Jack cheese until cheese melts.
49. Stir-fry snap peas with ginger, garlic, jicama sticks, pineapple, and chicken chunks. Serve over rice.
50. Spoon a mix of chopped olives, chili sauce, and hot pepper sauce over grilled pork chops.
Popular in Weeknight Dinners