Inexpensive and ubiquitous, store-bought sheers will save you precious time and money by serving as the canvas for your creative additions.
Turn organza ribbon into soft stripes on cotton-voile sheers.
Tools and Materials
Needle and thread
1. Fold curtain lengthwise in accordion pleats of equal width (ours were about 8 inches); iron creases.
2. Measure the length of the curtain, and cut ribbon to the same length plus 10 inches.
3. Center ribbon over creases and pin, leaving 7 inches at top for curtain tabs and 3 inches at bottom for hem.
4. Fold 3 inches of ribbon over at bottom of curtain; iron. Fold 4 inches of ribbon over at top to create tabs; iron.
5. Stitch curtains along bottom and top to secure hem and tabs. Stitch along both sides of ribbons lengthwise.