A plain wicker basket dressed up in gingham is as delightful as the treats it holds and can be reused on other occasions.
Tools and Materials
needle and thread
Easter Basket How-To
1. Select ribbon at least as wide as the height of the basket's sides.
2. Make a paper template for each side of basket (add 1/2-inch seam allowance to both ends of each piece and 1 inch more to front piece for a pleat).
3. Trace templates onto ribbon; cut out.
4. Fold top edges of ribbon pieces under to be the same height as basket, if necessary; press.
5. Make a 1/2-inch pleat in the front piece; press. Sew buttons through pleat to secure.
6. Sew pieces together, right sides facing; turn inside out.
7. Slip basket into cover; hand-sew it through wicker at corners.
8. Wrap and glue a felt strip around top of handle; cover with velvet ribbon.
9. Cut felt "grass"; glue it inside basket.