Embellish holiday parcels with mistletoe made from felt leaves.
More Bright Ideas
Lace Taper Candle How-To
1. Trim a strip of rub-on transfer to the length of a taper candle. Hold strip in place on candle with low-tack tape.
2. Working from bottom to top, burnish transfer onto candle with a craft stick or bone folder.
3. Remove tape and transfer backing.
An oversize egg doubles as an Easter basket, with smaller versions inside -- one cracked and bearing a pom-pom chick.
The shell is made with three layers of paper strips: Pink paper is revealed when the egg is cut open; two layers of plain newsprint are on top.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 2010
Decorate holiday packages with these red-and-green berry clusters, left. Attach them with waxed twine, and then tie gift tags to the stems.
1. To make leaves and berries, follow the instructions for our Fall Berry Wreath, but use light-green and dark-green felt for the leaves' top and bottom layers, respectively, and dark-red felt for the berries.
2. Cluster leaf and berry stems; bind with green floral tape.
SourceMartha Stewart Living
He'll go nuts for personalized pistachios -- or pickles or hot sauce. In fact, these retro labels make it a cinch to turn any of Dad's favorite foods into a custom gift for Father's Day.
1. Download our designs. Print them onto plain or self-adhesive paper, enlarging or reducing the size as desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2010
Cast a sinister glow over any setting with a cluster of white tapers dripping with "blood" (actually red candle wax). Fill a cup or a small pail with sand, and plant white candles inside so they stand upright. Light a red candle and tip it over the white candles so the wax drips down the tops and sides, being careful not to burn yourself. Let wax cool completely before removing candles from sand.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2007
More Crafts Ideas