Staying with friends this summer? Show your gratitude by sending them a photo CD of your trip. Save digital images to a disc, and then personalize it further by adhering a print to the top. It's easy with specialized CD/DVD labels (officedepot.com).
More Bright Ideas
Glass and ceramic are used to make this ocean-blue-green bracelet. You'll need sea glass pieces of the same size and color for this project.
1. Apply a dot of cement glue to each disk on a disk-and-loop bracelet form (available at jewelry-supply stores).
2. Adhere glass to disks, and let dry overnight.
7 3/4-inch silver-plated disk loop bracelet (No. 40-347-3), $2.50, from Rings and Things
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2007
Lace Taper Candle How-To
1. Trim a strip of rub-on transfer to the length of a taper candle. Hold strip in place on candle with low-tack tape.
2. Working from bottom to top, burnish transfer onto candle with a craft stick or bone folder.
3. Remove tape and transfer backing.
Bring a bit of the forest indoors by decorating a lamp finial with a pinecone, plain or spray-painted silver. If your lamp doesn't already have a basic finial -- the small piece that screws onto the top of a lamp's harp -- you can buy one at the hardware store.
Lamp Finial How-To
1. Sand the bottom of the pinecone to create a smooth surface.
2. Dab a bit of hot glue onto the flattened area, and press the pinecone onto the top of the finial.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2008
He'll go nuts for personalized pistachios -- or pickles or hot sauce. In fact, these retro labels make it a cinch to turn any of Dad's favorite foods into a custom gift for Father's Day.
1. Download our designs. Print them onto plain or self-adhesive paper, enlarging or reducing the size as desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2010
More Crafts Ideas