Rich and bold flavors make this meal just right for Father's Day.
Pick up these ingredients for each recipe, plus pantry items if you don't already have them on hand.
6 garlic cloves
1 quart apple juice
1/4 cup whiskey (optional)
2 flank steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
8 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
1 large onion
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 bunch chives
Green Bean Salad
1 medium red onion
2 pounds green beans
2 yellow bell peppers Banana Splits
1 cup heavy cream6 tablespoons butter8 bananas
2 pints chocolate ice cream
1/2 cup salted peanuts (optional)
8 maraschino cherries (optional)
Sugar: light-brown, granulated
Light corn syrup
We've designed this menu so that some items can be prepared in advance, meaning less day-of stress in the kitchen.
- Make butterscotch sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Make marinade for steak; cover and marinate steak in refrigerator.
- Prepare dressing and vegetables for salad; cover and refrigerate separately.
- Bake potatoes; prepare topping.
- Grill flank steak. Dress green bean salad, and toss.
- Reheat butterscotch sauce.
- Cut open potatoes, and dress. Carve flank steak.
- Whip cream; assemble banana splits when ready to serve them.