Hurricane vases and votive candle holders are wrapped in star-punched paper -- an easy way to suffuse your party with warmth.
Tools and Materials
Awl, T pin, or thumbtack
Japanese hole punch
Star-Punched Hurricanes How-To
1. Download template, and print to desired size.
2. Cut decorative paper so it's flush with the top of hurricane vase and the paper ends overlap by about 1/2 inch.
3. Lay template on top of decorative paper, then place both on top of dry sponge. Use awl to transfer the pattern.
4. Following the pattern, punch decorative paper with Japanese hole punch.
5. Wrap paper around hurricane vase, and secure with tape.