Make this adorable felt cherry pie -- it's perfect for any play kitchen.
Tools and Materials
1/2-inch-thick polyester batting
1-inch-thick polyester batting
Brown and green felt scraps
Red felted ball
Needle and coordinating thread
Felt Cherry Pie How-To
1. Enlarge and print template; cut out shapes.
2. Trace and cut two pie-top circles from red felt. Cut 1-inch-wide by 8-inch-long strips from tan felt with pinking shears.
3. Weave strips over one red circle as you would for a pie. Place second red circle over first circle and strips.
4. Machine sew around circle with a 1/4-inch seam allowance. Cut a slit in the center of the bottom red circle and turn entire pie top right-side out.
5. Trace and cut the pie-filler circle from 1/2-inch polyester batting. Stuff the pie top with the batting circle and hand-sew the slit closed.
6. Trace and cut two "side of pie" pieces from tan felt. For each, fold over about 1/2 inch on the longer side and iron; sew down edge. Trace and cut the pie bottom from the tan felt.
7. Machine sew both side pieces to bottom circle. Sew the ends of the sides together.
8. Trace and cut the pie-filler circle from 1/2-inch polyester batting and 1-inch polyester batting. Insert both into felt pie crust.
9. Place pie top on top of batting; pin and hand sew in place.
10. Sew a thin piece of brown felt onto a red felted ball to make a cherry; cut a leaf shape and add to brown felt stem with a few stitches. Sew cherry onto top of pie.
100 percent wool felt from Magic Cabin. All other materials available at crafts and sewing-supply stores. a very unique and adorable craft. To purchase Hilary's felt food visit lillybeanmarket.com or mahardrygoods.com.