Treat Mom and the rest of the family to this easy home-style brunch.
The Shopping List
Pick up these ingredients for each recipe, plus pantry items if you don't already have them on hand.
4 English muffins
1/2 pound sliced Canadian bacon (about 10 slices)
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
8 large eggs
1 quart milk
Oven-Roasted Home Fries
2 pounds red new potatoes
1 large onion
1 red or green bell pepper
Tomatoes with Basil Vinaigrette
6 large plum tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Pecan Shortbread Bars
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
Salt, table and coarse
Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Dried crushed rosemary
We've designed this menu so that some items can be prepared in advance, meaning less day-of stress in the kitchen.
Up to One Day Ahead
1. Prepare strata through step 2; cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Make Pecan Shortbread Bars; store in an airtight container at room temperature.
1 1/2 Hours Ahead
1. Bake strata; make basil vinaigrette for salad.
One Hour Ahead
1. Make Oven-Roasted Home Fries.
15 Minutes Before Serving
1. Cool strata; slice tomatoes, and dress with vinaigrette.
2. Cut strata.