Add a bit of charm to any nursery with this lovely bunny lamp.
Tools and Materials
3M Spray Mount Artist's Adhesive
1/2-inch MDF or plywood
Drill with 3/16-inch bit
Lamp base, lightbulb, and shade
Paint in chosen colors for bunny and lamp base
Ribbon for wrapping lamp pipe
Pom-pom for tail
Shell button for eye
Ribbon for bow
Nursery Lamp How-To
1. Enlarge and print template on regular paper. Use temporary spray adhesive to hold template in place on a piece of 1/2-inch MDF or plywood. Cut out the bunny shape with a jigsaw, following the outline. Sand and buff rough edges with sandpaper.
2. Measure and mark 1 1/4 inches in from each side on the bottom edge of the bunny's larger "foot."
3. Measure 1/4 inch up from the tip of a 3/16-inch drill bit and mark with a piece of painter's tape. Drill on marks you have created on the bottom edge until you reach the tape, to make 1/4-inch-deep holes.
4. Cut two pieces from a 3/16-inch dowel that are 1/2 inch in length, and insert into the holes you have drilled.
5. Position and center the bunny on the lamp base, close to the pipe, and mark the positioning of the dowels. Drill 1/4-inch-deep holes into the marks on the lamp base as you did on the bunny.
6. Paint the lamp base and bunny in desired colors.
7. Wrap the lamp pipe with ribbon, adhering each end with double-sided tape.
8. Embellish the bunny with a pom-pom tail, a shell button eye, and ribbon bow around neck. Apply some wood glue on the pegs in the bottom edge of the bunny and insert into holes on lamp base.
9. Add lightbulb and shade.
Square wooden lamp base is available from lampstuff.com. Drill, drill bit, and jigsaw are fromstanleyworks.com. A pom-pom maker may be purchased from clover-usa.com. All other supplies are available at home-improvement and crafts stores.