These soft sachets, which borrow their shapes from nature, make pretty handmade presents.
1. Download butterfly template, print onto card stock, and cut out.
2. Cut pieces (larger than template) of pink felt, white felt, and fusible webbing (available at crafts stores) using fabric shears. Stack, with webbing in middle, making sure you've removed the paper backing. Iron, following webbing manufacturer's instructions. Lay template on felt; trace with a disappearing-ink pen, and cut out.
3. Cut two 4-inch squares of pink felt. On 1 square, place butterfly 1 1/2 inches from 1 corner. Using a sewing machine, sew along midline.
4. Pin wings in from edges. Sew butterfly square to other square (right sides facing) on 4 sides; leave a 1/2-inch seam allowance and a 2-inch gap on 1 side. Trim corners at 45-degree angles.
5. Turn pouch inside out; unpin wings. Fill pouch with lavender or as desired; hand-sew gap shut.
12"-wide double-sided fusible fabric web, by Steam-A-Seam, from createforless.com