1. Bring the dogs to their beds, show them cookies, and place the cookies on the beds.
2. Once the dogs eat the cookies, give them the sit command.
3. Put another treat on the beds, but this time take the dogs two feet back. Then tell them to go to their beds and get the treats.
4. Place stuffed Kongs on the beds. This time, take the dogs back four feet. Then tell them to go to their beds and get the treats.
5. Pick up one dog; the other dog should stay on its bed with a sustained food reward, indicating how this approach is beginning to work.
The dog beds used in this segment are from puppyhugger.com Martha used a classic Kong and puppy Ziggies from Kong. Contact the company at:
16191 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403