Give fall leaves a sparkling touch by adding a bit of glitter.
Tools and Materials
Flower press or an old magazine and weighty item
Wide-tip glue pen
Glittering glue with fine-tip applicator
Glitter (we used Fire Opal and Brownstone)
Small shipping box
Glittered Leaves How-To
1. Press a leaf to keep edges from curling: Place the leaf in a flower press, or between pages of an old magazine with a weight on top, overnight or longer.
2. Cover one side of the pressed leaf with glue, using a wide-tip glue pen. Cover with glitter and shake off excess. Allow to dry.
3. Glitter other side of leaf and allow to dry.
4. Use glittering glue with a fine-tip applicator to write the year on one side of the leaf. Glitter in a contrasting color.
5. Fill a small shipping box with gathered leaves. Place the glittered leaf on top, and close box.