Reach for these versatile pairs for household jobs like removing a price tag or opening a package.
1. Safety Scissors These are ideal for children because of their small size and rounded tip.
2. Plastic-Handed Dressmaker's Shears These are made for sewing, but it's worth designating a pair for other uses. Their lightness, generous size, and bent-handle design make them good for things like cutting gift-wrapping paper.
3. Folding Scissors Just 2 inches long when collapsed, these are perfect for traveling.
4. Ambidextrous Dressmaker's Shears The soft handles are comfortable for right-handed or left-handed people.
5. Pocket Scissors Rounded tips make these safe to keep in a briefcase, a bag, or even a pocket.