Glitter Ball Garland
Add some sparkle to your holiday decorations with this simple-to-make glitter garland.
- 3 cups Elmer's white glue
- Liquid acrylic paint, in a color within the glitter palette you intend to use (i.e., for warm glitter colors, use red paint; for cool glitter colors, use blue paint)
- Quart-size (or larger) container with wide mouth
- Bamboo skewers
- Styrofoam balls, ranging in size from 1 1/2 inches to 3 1/2 inches in diameter
- Chip brush (disposable paintbrush)
- Tinsel glitter
- Fine glitter (optional)
- Masking tape
- Tinsel garland
Pour 3 cups white glue and a dash of liquid acrylic paint into container; mix until glue is evenly tinted.
Insert a thin bamboo skewer into the center of a Styrofoam ball. Holding skewer, submerge ball into glue mixture. Remove excess glue mixture by spinning skewered ball and wiping with chip brush.
Pour tinsel glitter over ball, covering completely. Insert into Styrofoam block to dry.Tip: You can mix fine glitter with tinsel glitter to create different shades.
Tape tinsel garland to flat end of bamboo skewer to create a "needle" for stringing glittered balls.
Remove dried glittered balls from drying skewers. Poke "needle" skewer completely through one ball and thread onto garland. Repeat with more balls until garland is sized to the length of the window or area where it will hang. Tie end of tinsel in a loop for hanging.