Use a mix of natural materials and craft punches to create this charming three-dimensional shadow box.
Tools and Materials
- 12-inch-by-12-inch classic botanical paper pad available from Martha Stewart Crafts at Michaels
- Swan craftstock available from Martha Stewart Crafts at Michaels
- Pink carnation craftstock available from Martha Stewart Crafts at Michaels
- 3-in-1 hydrangea craft punch
- Hydrangea craft punch
- Classic butterfly craft punch
- Essential colors glitter set
- Ebony 8.75-inch-by-11.25-inch specimen collector box
- Wide-tip glue pen
- 1/8-inch double-sided adhesive foam dots
- Double-sided tissue tape
Blossoming Branch Shadow Box How-To
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit inside the collector box. Mat photo in swan craftstock and adhere.
2. Punch out assorted sizes of blossoms from pink carnation craftstock using the hydrangea craft punch and the 3-in-1 hydrangea craft punch.
3. On pink carnation craftstock, apply a 6-inch-by-6-inch thin layer of glue, sprinkle with Crystal Fine glitter, and tap off excess. When dry, punch out more blossom shapes. Repeat process for butterfly shapes using Kunzite glitter and classic butterfly punch.
4. Attach hydrangea shapes to twig using adhesive foam dots, interspersing glittered flowers. Adhere some flowers to the upper right corner of the photo. Embellish with the glittered butterfly shapes.
5. Attach twig to background using double-sided tape.