Craft a spooky spiderweb out of simple string -- it's a Halloween Good Thing.
Tools and Materials
Bulletin board or piece of Homasote
Dark fabric large enough to cover board
Staple gun and staples
White map pins
Ball of white yarn
Fly template for glittered flies
1. Cover bulletin board with a dark fabric, using staples to attach.
2. With a white map pin, pin one end of white yarn to the edge of the board, close to the upper corner. Stretch the yarn diagonally across the board and pin to the other side. Pin more strands of yarn radiating from the same corner across the whole board.
3. Pin cross strands across the radiating strands, securing with a pin at each intersection and angling the cross strand as you go. Vary the distance and angles of each to give a natural feel.
4. Print fly template and cut out fly (print multiples if desired). Glitter the flies' wings silver and body black.
5. Tuck glittered spider and flies into the web.