Giving Tree How-To
1. Download templates and print onto heavyweight matte paper; cut out. Brush craft glue onto blank area of tree template. Roll template into a cone shape; let glue dry.
2. Using tree-bottom template as a guide, cut a piece of mat board to match. Using a straight-edge and a craft knife, score a line across mat board. Score the same line using a bone folder.
3. Cut 3 feet of silver embroidery floss; double up the strand. Brush glue onto scored line of mat board; center floss on top, and let dry. Glue tree-bottom template to mat board, sandwiching floss.
4. Coat a wooden spool with light-blue paint; let dry. Using a 1-inch craft punch, cut 5 circles from a sheet of silver card stock. Glue circles together in a stack. Glue 1 end of spool to tree bottom and other to silver stack.
5. Thread ends of floss through treetop, and knot as shown. Using a 1/2-inch craft punch, cut 2 circles from silver card stock; glue along edges, with floss in between, leaving enough space so circles can slide along floss.
6. Fill tree with candy. Gently pull floss taut until tree bottom fits snugly; slide circles down to secure top.