Tools and Materials
Rustic floral wire
Green 1-inch floral tape
Pair of lace panties
Double-sided crepe paper
Bare floral wire, about 22-gauge
Lingerie Bouquet How-To
1. Cut an 18-inch piece of "rustic" (covered) floral wire; straighten and wrap with green floral tape until covered.
2. Lay panties flat and fold crotch up twice until it reaches just below waistband. Place wire in center of panties, just below waistband. Fold panties in half with wire in fold, and roll from folded end to open end to create bud.
3. Wrap floral tape around bud, beginning about halfway down from waistband. Continue wrapping, pulling tight, covering the entire bottom of panty, and wrap around wire several times to secure.
4. Print and cut out leaf template. Cut a 6-by-6-inch square of double-sided crepe paper; fold in half with grain of paper running perpendicular to fold. Place template on top of folded crepe paper, aligning "stems" of leaves against fold. Staple a few times outside leaf shapes to secure.
5. Cut out leaves on lines to create connected double-leaf shapes.
6. Fold a piece of bare floral wire in half over center of each double leaf. Wrap floral tape around base of leaves and down floral wire to secure. Gently pull leaves from sides to shape. Add leaves to rose stem with more floral tape.
Lace panties are from Hanky Panky. Double-sided crepe paper is available from Castle in the Air. Rustic floral wire by Oasis. All other tools and materials are available at most craft stores.
Transform lingerie into a beautiful bouquet for an unforgettable Valentine's Day gift.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010