Ingredients and Equipment
Royal Icing, tinted in desired shades with food coloring
Printable cookie-cutter template
Plastic squeeze bottles, with wide and fine tips
Aqua pearl candies
Sliced orange gumdrops
Halved Champagne-bubble gumdrops
Fine sanding sugar
Snowman Cookie How-To
1. Using white icing in a squeeze bottle with a wide tip, outline body. "Flood" the body by making zigzags of icing; fill the space by spreading the icing with a toothpick.
2. Working quickly while icing is wet, add aqua pearl candy eyes, a sliced orange gumdrop nose, halved Champagne-bubble gumdrop buttons, and a candy heart.
3. While icing is wet, sprinkle fine sanding sugar over the white icing. Let set for 10 minutes, and gently shake off excess.
4. Using blue icing in a squeeze bottle with a thin tip, outline and flood hat.
5. While blue icing is wet, add a snowflake candy. Let dry completely, 8 hours or overnight.