During the holidays, an almost daily influx of greeting cards and family photos can be expected. Don't leave them piled in your letter basket. Make a holiday-card scrapbook, and enjoy them long after the stockings and ornaments are put away.
Tools and Materials
Christmas cards and photos
1-inch book ring
Holiday Card Scrapbook How-To
1. Cut two pieces of mat board slightly larger than your biggest card (our mat board measures 7 by 9 inches).
2. Working on a durable surface, punch a hole in the upper-left-hand corner of each board using a grommet punch; make sure the opposite sides face each other.
3. Insert the front of the grommet through the hole in one mat board. From the back of the board, attach the back part of the grommet. Insert grommet tool, and connect the pieces by hammering with a mallet. Repeat on second piece of mat board.
4. Using rubber cement, affix a label with the date to the mat board you're using as the front cover of the scrapbook.
5. Using a hole punch, punch holes in the upper-left-hand corner of each greeting card and photo.
6. Line up the holes in the mat boards with the cards in between, and feed the book ring through them.