Ingredients and Equipment
Royal Icing, tinted to desired colors with food coloring
Printable cookie-cutter template
Plastic squeeze bottles with wide and thin tips
Reindeer Cookies How-To
1. Using brown icing in a squeeze bottle with a wide tip, outline the reindeer's body, legs, and head. "Flood" these areas by making zigzags of icing; use a toothpick to spread the icing evenly to fill the space.
2. While brown icing is wet, use white icing in a squeeze bottle with a thin tip to pipe 5 vertical lines on the deer's belly and a dot at the base of the tail. Drag a toothpick through the lines, going left to right, 3 times. Drag a toothpick up through the dot once.
3. While icing is wet, add pearl candy eyes and a cinnamon candy nose. Let dry for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Using silver icing in a squeeze bottle with a thin tip, outline and flood antlers.
5. While icing is wet, pour fine sanding sugar over the antlers. Let set for 10 minutes, and gently shake off excess, holding cookie sideways to prevent sugar from falling onto brown icing. Let dry completely, 8 hours or overnight.