These frameless photographs are mounted on sturdy art boards and linked by small hinges for an accordion structure. Color and black-and-white snapshots, portraits, and still lifes add to the effect.
Tools and Materials
Small craft brushes
Acrylic craft paint
Precut 5 3/4-by-7 3/4-inch art boards
Ruler and pencil
Small hinges and screws
Accordion Gallery How-To
Use as many art boards as you like, applying pictures to one or both sides of each panel.
1. On a computer, resize photographs to 5 3/4 by 7 3/4 inches, and print them.
2. Using a small craft brush and the acrylic paint, paint the edges of each board. Let dry.
3. Position one picture on one face of each board. Using another small craft brush, apply decoupage glue to back of each photograph. Attach to a board; let dry. Glue images to reverse sides of boards if desired.
4. Decide upon an order for the photos. Use pencil to mark the placement of the hinges. (Ours were 1 3/4 inches from the top and the bottom of each board and aligned with one edge).
5. With the T pin, bore small holes through the boards where screws will go (this will make it easier to insert the screws). Using a screwdriver, attach the hinges, and link the boards to one another.
Return to Photo Play.