Halloween Games: Pop Goes the Pumpkin
Looking to kick off Halloween with a bang, not a boo? This version of a classic carnival game also makes a festive wall decoration, and bursting the confetti-and-candy-filled balloons in this Halloween party game will make everyone explode with laughter.
Note: Best for kids 6 and older. Pins make it easier for little kids to pop balloons, but darts will work well for slightly older players.
- 4-by-5 1/2-foot piece of foam board
- 2 yards of burlap or other fabric
- Duct tape
- Removable hooks (such as Command hooks)
- Thirty-five 12-inch orange balloons
- Candy (small, thin types work best)
- Pump, for balloons (optional)
- T pins
- Green paper
- Pushpins (or darts for bigger kids)
Cover foam board with burlap; secure in back with duct tape. Adhere it to wall with hooks.
Fill balloons with confetti (using a funnel) and candy. Leave a few treat-free to add to the suspense.
Inflate the balloons (a pump makes it faster); tie off with a knot. Attach balloons to board with T pins, in a pumpkin shape.
Cut a stem shape (download the template) from green paper, and secure with T pins.
Cut ribbon; tie onto pushpin handles to make them easier to hold on to (and find, if dropped).