Bird's Nest Planter
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, December 2008
- Glass cylinder, 6 inches in diameter and 2 inches high, or something similar, such as a glass cereal bowl.
- Cooling rack and newspaper
- 10-inch circle of corrugated cardboard
- 1 quart of 1- to 2-inch-long twigs*
- 1 quart small white-spruce pinecones*
- 1 pint white glue
- Crystal coarse glitter
Step 1 of 4
Glue the base of the glass cylinder to the center of the cardboard circle with hot glue. Place on a cooling rack with a piece of paper underneath.
Step 2 of 4
Combine twigs and pinecones in a large bowl. Add white glue to the mixture, and stir until thoroughly coated.
Step 3 of 4
Wearing gloves, grab a handful of the mixture and shape along sides of the cylinder.
Step 4 of 4
Sprinkle crystal coarse glitter onto wet, molded mixture, and allow to dry overnight.