Tools and Materials
Jungle Diorama How-To
1. We made our jungle out of toy packaging; you can cut your own frame from cardboard and tape or glue it to a box.
2. Paint box with acrylic paint to cover the printing. Line bottom of box with woven moss. Glue a magazine picture inside as a background.
3. Cut animal images out of magazines, and glue to rocks, sticks, or box itself.
4. To make grass stand up, fold a 1-inch-wide strip of green paper lengthwise, and glue real blades of grass to one side sticking up from fold; stand grass assembly in box, and weight with a rock.
5. Cut a twig 1/4 inch longer than the box is wide, wedge across box, and hot-glue. Glue foliage to box.
6. Hang Spanish moss from the corners. Glue or set animals in place.