A coating of fine glitter turns plain wooden dreidels into a display-worthy centerpiece, or string them together to create a shimmering garland.
To make the centerpiece and the garland, we used plain wooden dreidels, in varying sizes, and different shades of glitter.
For the Centerpiece
1. Holding each dreidel by its handle, brush all but 1 side with clear drying white glue.
2. Sprinkle with glitter, and let dreidel rest on plain side. Once dry, glue and glitter plain side of dreidel and handle; let dry.
3. Arrange dreidels in large glass containers.
For the Garland
1. In a well-ventilated area, use quick-bonding cement or glue to attach a pony bead (or other large bead with a hole) to the top of each dreidel; let dry.
2. Cover dreidels with glitter, following instructions above.
3. Thread a thin strand of tinsel through each bead, spacing dreidels evenly (the tinsel's fringe will keep the dreidels from sliding).
Return to Hanukkah: A Holiday That Glitters.