Tools and Materials
Pink card stock
Decorative craft paper
1-inch circle craft punch
Adhesive foam dots
Pink dressmaker's marking pencil
Pink permanent marker
Small pink pom-poms
Needle and white thread
Rabbit Finger Puppet Card and Egg Cozy How-To
1. Start by making the bottom of the card. Take one piece of pink 5-by-5-inch card stock and use double-sided tape along three sides to attach the card stock to a piece of 5-by-5-inch decorative craft paper. Leave the fourth side (top) open.
2. Using a pencil, mark where the back of pink card stock will be punched for fingers -- about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in from the top (the open side). Punch the three holes with a circle punch. Set the bottom of the card aside.
3. For the top of the card, cut a piece of 5-by-5 1/2-inch decorative paper. Using double-sided tape on all four sides, attach the decorative paper to 5-by-5 1/2-inch piece of pink card stock.
4. Using a bone folder, lightly score and crease the lower 1/2 inch of the top of the card. Arrange floral stickers above the crease on the inside (decorative paper side) of the card.
6. Place tape on the lower 1/2 inch creased part of the top card, and insert it into the open side of the bottom card. Make sure the pink card stock sides are facing in the same direction. Press to adhere.
7. Print the template and cut out the "Happy Easter" carrot. Using adhesive foam dots, affix the carrot to the inside of the card, below the finger holes. Stick a single lily sticker to the front of the card.
8. Make the bunny finger puppets: Using a dressmaker's marking pencil in pink, trace the smaller bunny template onto felt and cut out. Mark the two stop lines near the ears on the felt.
9. Fold the felt piece in half, lining up the ears. Blanket stitch from the bottom of the front, up to the marks near the ears. Pinch the ears flat to the front and use a few stitches to secure.
10. Glue on a pom-pom tail and use a pink permanent marker to dot the eyes. Stuff the head with one cotton ball. Repeat these steps to make three finger puppets.
11. Insert finger puppets through holes and present the card.
For the egg cozy, cut out the larger bunny template from felt and follow instructions as for the finger puppets. When you reach the stop lines near the ears, pinch the ears in and sew across the top between the ears, essentially making a T with the blanket stitch.
Dimensional floral stickers, card stock, double-sided tape, adhesive foam dots, circle craft punch, and all other tools are from Martha Stewart Crafts. The decorative paper is from the Martha Stewart "Playground" 12-by-12-inch paper pack; we used the green sunset design for the top of the card, and the green daisy design for the bottom. Dressmaker's pencil, sewing supplies, and pom-poms are available at crafts and sewing stores.