This simple sewing project will add a decorative edge to any project, and it doesn't even require fabric -- it uses paper instead!
Tools and Materials
12-by-12-inch decorative craft paper
Photo Garland How-To
1. Print out selected 4-by-6-inch photos.
2. Take one sheet of 12-by-12-inch decorative paper. You can also save scraps to use as paper.
3. Place one photo on paper at a time.
4. Put top of photo flush with edge of decorative paper. Leave enough room around all other sides and secure photo with double-sided tape to craft paper.
5. Use a grid ruler to measure and cut a half inch around 3 sides. Repeat process for several photos.
6. Lay photos out within the landscape or portrait in the preferred order. Remember, variety is always good.
7. Set machine to a standard stitch length, which is usually between a 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 setting. Before sewing, pull out a length of thread to give enough slack to hang.
8. Start sewing with seam 1/8 to 1/4 inch down from the top of the photo. Once you reach the edge of the photo, stop and lift the presser foot.
9. Gently tugging the photo, step on the foot peddles and count about 10 stitches. Continue the process until you've come to the last photo.
10. When you reach the end of the photo garland, pull length of thread needed to hang and snip thread.
The tools and materials can be found at Martha Stewart Crafts.