Make these adorable baby blocks from crafter Ashley Steele for your child, and they'll be the coolest kid on the block.
Tools and Materials
3 1/4-inch square wood block
Letters, numbers, and embellishments
Baby Wooden Blocks How To
1. Sand the wooden block with sandpaper to prepare it for painting.
2. Paint the block with the color you've selected. Allow to dry.
3. Cut 6 pieces of decorative paper to 3 1/4 inch.
4. Glue the paper to each side of the block using all-purpose Mod Podge. Allow the glue to dry.
5. Sand edges and corners of paper with an emery board.
6. Paste the letters, numbers, and embellishments to the block using the same technique.
7. Sponge the edges of the paper with paint to give it texture and an antique look.
8. Paint another coat of Mod Podge all over the block to seal. Allow to dry.
You can purchase the decorative paper and letters, numbers, and embellishments at Basic Grey Paper. Special thanks to Basic Grey Paper for giving everyone in our studio audience a package of their designer paper. For all other tools and materials, please visit hiccupinc.com or crafts stores.