Fitness guru Lisa suggests the following exercises to help you tone muscle and burn fat.
1. Lie on your back and bend your legs to a 90-degree angle. You can also place your legs on a chair to anchor your back for the same effect.
2. Gently clasp your hands behind your head and squeeze your elbows together.
3. Raise your head up toward your knees, making sure not to pull your head with your hands. Make your stomach do the work; don't forget to squeeze your buttocks together. If your neck gets sore or tired, keep the movements smaller until you are stronger and more flexible.
1. Stand, facing your partner, feet shoulder-width apart and holding onto each other's arms.
2. Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, going as low as you can. Only go down as far as you feel comfortable.
3. Push yourself back up using your heels to activate the glutes/buttocks and also to protect the knees. Aim to do two or three sets of 25 to 30. This move is great for the core, as well as toning the butt and legs. It'll also get your heart pounding.
1. Place the shoulder stand against a door or wall.
2. Start in a kneeling position and grasp the handles.
3. Lower your head between the cushion until your shoulders rest on the pads.
4. Straighten your legs and walk forward, raising your hips.
5. Lift one leg up as you push off the floor with the other leg.
6. Roll your body up and over the body lift until your buttocks touches the door or wall. Kick harder for assistance. If you can't do this at first, keep trying! Find a partner to spot you if you need help getting your leg up.
7. Slowly straighten your legs.
Visit Lisa's website, lisalynnfitness.com. Mention "The Martha Stewart Show" in the "Notes" section when you're checking out, and you'll receive a 50 percent discount on all protein shakes while supplies last.
The body lift used in the segment and given to our audience is from Age in Reverse (ageeasy.com).