Feather your Easter or spring party table with a mother hen and her brood of chicks. Hyacinths nest within the centerpiece, and candy peeps out from the hatchlings, which serve as favors. Your guests will cluck their approval.
Chick Favor How-To
You'll need heavyweight matte paper, scissors, a bone folder, a glue stick, small white paper bags (look for ones that are 3 inches wide by 2 inches deep), cellophane bags, and ribbon.
1. Download and print our chicken template onto paper twice.
2. Cut roughly around images. Score along dotted lines with bone folder, and then fold. Glue wrong sides together. (You should have 2 double-sided chicks.) Cut out images carefully.
3. Trim top of paper bag so it is 2 inches tall. Glue a chick to one side of closed bag, aligning base of image with bottom of bag. Unfold bag and repeat on other side.
4. Fill a cellophane bag with treats, such as candy-coated chocolate eggs, and tie with ribbon; place inside paper bag.
Hen Centerpiece How-To
You'll need heavyweight matte paper, a glue stick, scissors, white paper bags (look for ones that are 6 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches deep), flowers, twine, and a low vase or glass.
1. Download and print our hen template onto paper twice. Using the mirror-image function on the copier or your computer, make 2 reverse images.
2. Glue wrong sides of images together, creating 2 double-sided hens. Carefully cut out images.
3. Trim top of paper bag so it is 5 inches tall. Glue a hen to one side of closed bag, aligning base of image with bottom of bag. Unfold bag, and repeat on other side.
4. Trim flower stems so that blooms will peek out just over the top of the hen; bundle stems with twine. Arrange flowers in a water-filled vase, and set container inside paper bag.