To apply delicate silhouettes such as the cherry branches to colored accessories, you need transfer paper designed for dark fabrics.
Tools and Materials
- Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers, for white-on-dark transfers
- Cloth binder, document box, or travel frame
- Scissors or craft knife
- Ironed pillowcase
- Small Book: Cherry Branch Clip Art
- Binder: Cherry Branch Clip Art
- Box Spine: Cherry Branch Clip Art
White-on-Dark Transfer Technique
1. Download clip art, above, and print it onto transfer paper. Using scissors or a craft knife, cut out design, trimming away the outline.
2. Lay an ironed pillowcase on a table or other hard, heat-resistant surface (not an ironing board, which has too much padding).
3. Remove paper backings, and position designs, face-up, on an ironed bag or a cloth-covered accessory. Cover with tissue paper provided with transfer paper.
4. With an iron set on high and no steam, slowly iron on designs, applying firm, even pressure (follow the transfer-paper manufacturer's instructions). Let cool. Remove tissue paper.