Martha and her experts recommend the following tips to get your home entryway organized and clutter-free.
Entryway Decluttering Tips
- To begin, clear the area you wish to declutter completely, including the walls. A clean slate allows you to use the space appropriately.
- To make organizing easy for young children, you can put up shaker peg racks. Hang one rack at a lower level so children can easily hang up their own coats when they come home. You can hang keys, bags, and outdoor clothing on the pegs.
- Positioning a cubbyhole cabinet next to the door provides ample room for storage.
- The cubbyholes can also be used to store and organize numerous pairs of shoes. Remember to always stack shoes heel-to-toe to maximize the amount of space.
- If space permits, you can place an armoire next to the front door to conceal extra clothing, especially to hang jackets.
- For loose clothing, label bins so everything has a proper home.