All too often, keys end up in obscure places where you can't remember having put them. Keep all your keys accessible and organized with a functional and easy-to-make rack; hang it on a wall in your kitchen, mudroom, or garage.
Tools and Materials
Primer and paint (optional)
Metal label holders with screws
Key Rack How-To
1. Prime and paint your plaque, if desired; let dry.
2. Using a ruler and pencil, make a mark on the front of the plaque 1 inch down and in from the top-left corner; repeat on top-right corner. Working your way down the plaque, make as many equally spaced marks as you'll need for your keys.
3. Place the left-side hole of a label holder over the top-left mark, and use an awl to burrow into the wood; repeat on top-right mark with the right-side hole of the label holder. Drive corresponding screws into the wood. Repeat step for remaining marks.
4. Center a cup hook underneath the top-left label holder, and screw it into the wood. Repeat step for each label holder.
5. Insert labels describing which key is which into holders, and hang the rack on a wall.