- 1 pound glass fill wax, or paraffin
- 4 four-ounce glass jars, such as baby-food jars
- 1 candle wick for each jar
- Citronella oil
1. Place the wax into a double boiler, and melt. Add a 1/2 teaspoon citronella oil, and mix. For a stronger citronella scent, you can add more oil in small amounts, but the mixture should not contain more than 3 percent oil by weight.
2. Dip the wick into the wax, and set it into the jar. Use the clothespins to hold the wick in place, and pour a small amount of wax into the jar. Allow to harden, then fill the jars to the top with more wax.