Ring in the winter holidays with an impressive yet easy-to-make decoration for the front door that packs a beribboned triple punch. For instructions on how to make and attach the double-sash bow, go to marthastewart.com/tying-bows.
Tools and Materials
Three 18-inch-diameter blue spruce wreaths
5 1/2 yards of 3-inch-wide teal satin ribbon (2 yards reserved for bow)
Hammer and nail
1. Attach a 7-foot ribbon length at top of door with 2 thumbtacks. Fold bottom end of ribbon in half lengthwise, and snip at an angle to create a notch.
2. Hold wreaths up to ribbon to determine desired positions. Mark positions on ribbon with marker.
3. Cut and wrap 1-foot ribbon lengths around tops of wreaths, fastening at back with U pins.
4. Hammer nail through ribbon at mark for top wreath.
5. Attach lengths of fishing line to wire forms, at top and bottom of 2 remaining wreaths.
6. Hang bottom wreath at mark by tying top line to nail. Place a thumbtack at bottom of door, and wrap bottom line around it. Repeat with middle wreath. Hang top wreath on nail.