Martha gives actor John Leguizamo a lesson in basic home renovations and shows him how to properly paint a room. Part 1.
1. Measure length of wall where molding will be installed. Mark this length on the molding with a pencil.
2. Using a power saw, cut molding at pencil mark.
3. Dab wood glue along the back of the molding.
4. Hold molding in place at wall; using 1 1/4" nails, nail molding in place. Use a level, if necessary, to keep the molding straight during installation.
5. Use a nail set to neatly sink nails into molding.