Stenciled Hand Towels
Tools and Materials
Hand towel (flat weave)
Sheet of paper
1. Lay towel over sheet of paper.
2. Choose a letter stencil.
3. Position stencil on flat-weave towel, and tape stencil to towel.
4. Use a tamping brush to apply a light coat of washable fabric paint.
5. Let dry for several hours without removing stencil.
6. Apply another coat of paint.
7. Lift stencil to reveal letter.
8. Iron on a hot setting to set paint.
Stencils are available at most major crafts stores. Martha used Lettering-Script (#3116), from Designer Stencils (designerstencils.com). Towels are from Libeco Lagae Homestores (thelinenhouse.com). The fabric paint Martha used is Jacquard Textile Colors (#01208-1009), from dickblick.com. This craft was featured in Martha Stewart Living, February 2004.