Martha revealed the following as her favorite spring bulbs as part of our "Martha's Must-Haves" series:
Hyacinth 'Gypsy Queen'
- Circa 1927
- Fragrant, salmon orange color
Tulip 'Orange Princess'
- Orange with purple flames
- Martha's favorites include 'Thalia,' 'Mon Cherie,' 'Abba,' 'Falconet,' and 'Las Vegas'
- Native to Turkey
- Maroon with yellow fringe
- Each bulb has up to five clusters of flowers
- Old garden cultivar circa 1585
- 30 inches tall
- Lovely bluish foliage along stem
Muscari 'Grape Hyacinth'
- Circa 1884
- Naturalize in woodlands
- Deep blues or sky blues
Leucojum aestivum 'Gravetye Giant'
- Native to mountains of southwestern Europe
- Bell-shaped white flowers with green spots