Tools and Materials
- Photograph of dog's profile
- Ultrasuede fabric
- Fabric pen
- Fabric scissors
- Craft glue
- Natural-canvas tote bag (ecobags.com)
- Twill tape
Doggie Tote Bag How-To
1. Photocopy picture, enlarging so that dog is about two-thirds the height of the bag; cut out along dog's outline.
2. Lay photo cutout, face up, on front of fabric, and trace with fabric pen. Cut out. Flip fabric silhouette.
3. Cut out. Flip fabric silhouette. Apply glue to dog's head. Position silhouette, glue side down, on bag; press to adhere. Apply glue to the rest of the back of the silhouette in sections, pressing and smoothing out as you work.
4. Cut a length of twill tape slightly longer than needed to form a collar and leash. Apply glue to 1 side of twill tape in sections; position tape on dog, starting with the back of the dog's neck and curving the tape to mimic a collar. At front of dog's neck, tuck tape slightly under the fabric. This will make it easier to pivot the tape upward for the leash. Continue gluing and positioning tape for leash. Let dry.