Spice up your Christmas tree with these distinctive Santa ornaments made from chile peppers.
Tools and Materials
Apricot, white, and red acrylic paint
1. Wipe chile pepper with damp cloth to remove dirt and dust.
2. Create face: Using apricot-colored acrylic paint, paint a circle shape toward the top of the pepper. Let dry.
3. Apply a second coat of apricot-colored paint and let dry.
4. Create beard: Using white acrylic paint, paint underneath the face, almost to the tip of the pepper. Let dry.
5. Apply a second coat of white paint in a circular/twirling motion to create texture of beard. Let dry.
6. Create Santa hat: Using red acrylic paint, paint a red line on the left side of Santa's face. Turn chile over and paint back of hat on the top piece of the pepper.
7. Paint a "pom-pom" on the tip of hat using white paint.
8. Tie ribbon around chili pepper stem. Attach ornament hook to ribbon.
Tip: This charming chile pepper Santa can also be used as a gift tag.