Luau Floor Cushions
These cushions seat two. To create one-person floor cushions, cut the mat in half first.
Tools and Materials
2-sided thatching (4 feet by 4 feet)
Flat batting (4 layers)
Luau Floor Cushions How-To
1. Use 2-sided thatching with an open diamond-weave backside and a thatching front.
2. Fold thatching in half, so the diamond weave is out.
3. Wrap 4 layers of batting in burlap to form a pillow, and to prevent the batting from appearing through gaps in thatching.
4. Sew 3 sides of thatching closed with twine; use big stitches.
5. Insert burlap pillow into thatching cover. Stitch fourth side of thatching cover closed with twine.
Thatching is available at www.bambooandrattan.com.