These fantastic cards are made using spider craft punches for a creepy-crawly greeting, perfect for Halloween.
Tools and Materials
6-by-6-inch folded card
Front of card "grid" template
Inside of card "spider web" template
Ball-point glue pen
Wide-tip glue pen
Spider web punch
Adhesive foam dots
1-inch circle punch
Greeting Cards How-To
1. On the front of the card, mark a small "X" with a pencil where the spiders will go. Follow the grid guide that is shown in the template.
2. Use a circle cutter to cut out a 1 3/16-inch hole at the bottom, second-from-the-right "X" you have marked.
3. Place the 6-by-6-inch spider web template on the inside of the card and trace over heavily with a pencil, creating an indentation in the card.
4. Use a ball-point glue pen to trace indentations. Cover the traced area with black glitter and shake off.
5. "Scribble" on a scrap of black cardstock with a wide-tip glue pen, and glitter. Allow to dry. Use the spider punch to punch a spider from the cardstock. With adhesive foam dots, attach the glittered spider to the bottom of the spider web on the inside of the card. Make sure your spider shows through the hole in the front of the card when the card is closed.
6. Punch 15 more spiders from plain black cardstock and 15 1-inch circles from decorative paper. Following the "X" marks you made earlier, use double-sided tape to adhere the circles to the front of the card in a grid. Add spiders on top of the circles with adhesive foam dots.