Tools and Materials
- 12-by-12-inch paper pad
- Craft knife
- Scoring board
- Decorative edge punch
- Coordinating corner punch
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Hot-glue mat
1. Cut two 12-inch-squares of paper in half to make 4 strips. Punch one long edge of each strip.
2. Lay strip on score board, with length perpendicular to score lines. Identify a "valley" or "peak" in the edge-punched design, and score paper on every other valley or peak. Flip strip over and score again, between scored valleys or peaks. Repeat for all strips.
3. Place a piece of double-sided tape on each short edge of the accordion-folded strips. Tape one strip to another, end to end, lining up design. Flatten out resulting tube, forming a circular medallion.
4. Add a dab of hot glue to center of medallion to secure in place; place a household item (such as a glass, bottle, or plate) on center to hold while glue cools.
5. Create a decorative center with punches, and glue to center of medallion.
Scoring board, 12-by-12-inch paper pads, and edge-punch sets available from Martha Stewart Crafts.