Bring a snippet of your Christmas tree to the table.
Tools and Materials
Evergreen branches (about the thickness of a pencil)
Calligraphy or felt-tip pen
Small evergreen sprigs
Place-Card Holder How-To
1. With floral shears, cut slim evergreen branches into 4-inch segments.Trim off any nubs.
2. Holding two segments of about the same thickness, adjust them to fit together snugly -- this might
require some twisting, turning, and further trimming.
3. Turn pair of branches over; run a line of hot glue across the pair's width, 1/4 inch from each end. Let dry.
4. Write a guest's name on a 1-by-2 1/2-inch piece of card stock.
5. Slip place card into holder; tuck a small evergreen sprig into one end.
Return to Table Decorations.