Guests will go nuts over these cute critters. Squirrels perched atop logs filled with foil-wrapped chocolate chestnuts, hazelnuts, and walnuts make sweet seasonal tokens. Put one at each setting at the Thanksgiving table. If you'd like, you can write guests' names on the logs before assembling them so the favors can double as place cards.
Tools and Materials
Heavyweight matte paper
Squirrel Favor How-To
1. Color-photocopy the template at 130 percent onto paper.
2. Roughly cut around squirrel images. Fold along dotted line with bone folder; glue wrong sides together. Carefully cut out image.
3. Cut out log. With a utility knife and a straightedge, make slits along solid lines. Fold dotted lines with bone folder.
4. Insert base of squirrel into large slit; secure with tape on the underside of the log.
5. Roll paper to form log, and insert tabs into the two small slits; secure with glue. Fold one log end and tabs; glue tabs to the inside of log. Fill with treats. Repeat to close the other end.