Repurposed Linen Sachet Craft
This lovely lavender sachet is a great way to recycle an old piece of linen.
Dried lavender is available at health-food stores, floral shops, and bath shops.
For a different aroma, try one of these scent blends:
- Cedar tips, cedar shavings, and lavender
- Orange tea and dried roses
- Earl Grey tea and dried cornflowers
- Grapefruit peel, vanilla beans, and peach tea
- Lemon verbena, chamomile, and lemon peel
- Fresh eucalyptus leaves and lime peel
- Old or stained linens (Martha used an old French linen hand towel.)
- Rotary cutter and ruler (optional)
- Sewing machine threaded with coordinating thread
- Bone folder
- Loose dried lavender
- Hand-sewing needle
Cut two 5-by-8-inch pieces from the linen.
Match edges with right sides together and pin. Sew along edges with a 1/4-inch seam allowance, leaving a 4-inch opening along one side.
Clip corners of seam allowance, being careful not to cut into seam.
Turn pouch right-side out. Poke the corners to a sharp point with a bone folder. Fill with lavender.
Hand-stitch opening closed.